perjantai 12. toukokuuta 2017

Animal Paintings inspired by Finnish Mythology

I've always been very found of Finnish mythology. It is very shamanistic, embraces nature connection and humans companionship with animals.




"Firefox and the northern lights"

In Finnish mythology Northern Lights are created by magical firefox Tulikettu when it runs in the snowy hills and it's fur touches the snow it creates magical sparkles that are seen as aurora borealis. This is one of my favorite folk tales from Finnish mythology. 


Original is available in my etsy-store. 


In Finnish mythology Cuckoo is a bird of destiny. Eastern Finnish poem tells from the moon maiden who weaves people's destinies. 

From her tears became three rivers. From three rivers rise three hills. On three hills there was three birch trees. On the top of the birch trees there was three cuckoos. People who passed these trees and heard the Cuckoos singing got a change from Cuckoos to hear their destiny. Smartest ones chose not to. Because one should always follow their own star and find their own path.

Mixed Media on Canvas. Original is available here.


Often I get inspired by nature. It is always magical experience to see northern lights and I paint them quite often.

Watercolor and acrylics on paper.

Original is available here also digital prints available here. 

From all my artworks that are inspired by Finnish myths and folklore you can buy prints, postcards and other products from my zazzle store and my redbubble store. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti