sunnuntai 12. heinäkuuta 2015

Sunday Sketches: dream summer


Hello Blogging world :)

I'm really behind with my blog posts. Exhibition coming up next week so exiting. 
It's my last one in Finland for a while. 


Moving a country is a strange thing. 
I think I will miss Finnish landscapes more than Finnish people :) lol

I will miss my friends, family and cats of course.

So far summer has been windy and rainy. I've done imaginary trips to pretty forests and sunny beaches.

I also decided to join Sunday Sketches
I hope to find some cool new art blogs to follow.

Here is one of the paintings going to exhibition.

Amethyst forest

"Amethyst Forest"
Oil on canvas
(c) Niina Niskanen

I must tell you this was my first oil color painting for 10 years. 
I am very pleased with it. I had a photo reference but it was more for inspiration than actual model.
I see have quite impressionistic style with oil colors. 

I still identify myself as water-colorist

You can't escape your first love can't you ;)

Another one with forest theme First sun rays


"First sun rays"
Watercolor on acid free watercolor paper
(c) Niina Niskanen

Painting video:



Sunset beach work-in-process



Thank you for stopping by
Stay creative


Niina



13 kommenttia:

  1. Nina ~ my passion is watercolor...and I'm a self taught artist....your watercolor is so gorgeous and I loved the video as I'm also a visual learner. I love the reflections and how loose and soft your painting is. I'm new to Sunday Sketches and so glad I joined to learn form pros like yourself. In my first Sunday Sketch, I use Prismacolor pencils as I sat on my balcony. Blessings.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much Wanda! I love watercolors. Sometimes I do feel like making those videos is art form it self. Now I must make a visit to your blog.

      Poista
  2. Nina your work is truly beautiful. I love the rich colors in the piece that will be in the exhibition. Thank you for sharing your video. I think it is definitely an art form.

    VastaaPoista
  3. I hope you have a wonderful move! Beautiful art, I especially love "First Sun Rays"

    VastaaPoista
  4. I'm loving your bright colors in our paintings, Niina. It was fun watching your video, too! :)

    VastaaPoista
  5. Love the beautiful colors and the video. Great job...
    Have a great new week,

    VastaaPoista
  6. Love your watercolour pictures!
    Would love to see the last one finished :))

    Have a beautiful day!
    Tinna ✐

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much Tinna. I just recently got the beach painting finished. Will add it to my next post.

      Poista
  7. Wonderful artwork and thank you for the video.. great to see how you made this fab painting!
    xxx
    Susi

    VastaaPoista
  8. niina, I was just checking to see if you did anything for Little critters for Ct as I coudl have so easily imagine one of your little fairies here. :)

    VastaaPoista
  9. BTw, I forgot to note that I think your painting is very magical. Alex was thrilled to see you ion her co-op, I know. :) Good luck with your move, exhibition and everything.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Michael. Last weeks have been super busy and I'm one of those people who just needs to concentrate on every piece I make when I enter to challenges. Don't worry I'll be back to ct as well.

      Poista