lauantai 13. joulukuuta 2014

Featured Artist of December : Katerina Koukiotis

"Ghost of a rose"
(c) Katerina Koukiotis, 2007
charcoal and colored pencils

Hello blogging world

Time for the December featured artist interview. December artist is Katerina Koukiotis.
Katerina has amazing talent to portray people and emotions in her artworks. I hope enjoy them as much as I do.


                                                                                        "Kitty Magic"
                                                                                  (c) Katerina Koukiotis
                                                                                               9 x 12
                                                                       color pencils & charcoal, 2014


 "Heart stitches"
(c) Katerina Koukiotis
color pencils & pastels
8.5 x 11
2013

 Tell us about yourself who you are and what kind of artist you are?

Hello 
I'm a Greek  self taught artist based and living in New York for most of my life
I specialize in  traditional portrait and fantasy art , i mostly like drawing fantasy and non fantasy
characters,people , animal art and the last couple years i have experimented with more anime manga art
which i enjoy very much
 i work in different mediums from pencil graphite to charcoal,color pencil , pastels , watercolors acrylics.


 How did you started your artistic hobby/career?

Almost 9 years ago i started doing my art professionally
  but i feel i was an artist all my life since i was little
it was always something i did  and enjoy it to be able to
do it professionally and share my art , ideas 
is very special  :) and means a lot to me.


 What are the things that inspire you?

A lot of things inspire me fairytales, fantasy art, fantasy  books in general, nature,
other artists inspire me greatly new ones, classic ones,
music, fantasy movies ,a lot of different things,inspiration sometimes
comes out of the blue when least expect it.


"Madame Butterfly"
(c) Katerina Koukiotis
8 x10
color/ pastel pencils
2014

"White Christmas"
(c) Katerina Koukiotis
color pencils
9 x 12
2012

 Do you have a message in your art?

Sometimes  especially if i create an artwork specifically for
a special or moving event , for example my drawings and art i did for 9/11 had a special
message and meaning not only to me but to people viewing my art,
 however i  like for people to make up
 their own stories when they see my art , 
my drawings may mean something different to me than to someone else.



 Where can we find your works?  
My website

My facebook page

My Artfire.com store

My Zazzle Store


Many thanks Katerina for participating also big thanks to all great artists that have been taking part of this serier of interviews. 

Much love and light
Niina

 
                                                                        

                                                              



                                                                           
                 

                                                                  
           

2 kommenttia:

  1. thank you Niina so much for the lovely interview :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Your welcome. I need to start follow your blog now :)

      Poista