lauantai 26. heinäkuuta 2014

Hot Pink Mermaids And Forest Green Fairies





Hello blogging friends!

I hope you all are doing good. It's been so hot lately that I've spent most of my time in the beach. Either swimming, sun bathing, painting or sketching.

"Mermaid  art Journal"

Remember my mermaid -art journal?

I continued working on a new spread. Inspiration avenue - theme this week is "hot pink summer sizzle".
What a great chance to paint a mermaid with  hot pink hair.

"Mermaid art journal"

"Mermaid art journal"

I added some "mermaid-ish" quotes to the paintings:

"I have sea foam in my veins
I understand the language of the waves"

Creative Tuesday - challenge this week is "red balloon"
My balloons are bubbles 
and I end up painting bubbles to the next spread.

"The Sea once it casts its spell
holds one in its net of wonder forever"
-Jacques Cousteau

... so very true

"Mermaid journal"

I haven't been on the beach all the time.
I've also enjoyed time in the garden



So many great colors in the summer nature. 
Yellow, orange, gold, red, green, sepia...

Here is my latest fairy:

"Laugh in the woods"

Watercolor background and all the drawings done with felt-tipped pencils.

I'm now busy with a children book project and  I hope to share some lovely illustrations with you within next months.

I love this song from Faun 
there are fairies laughing :)

                                           


Fairy wishes
Niina




18 kommenttia:

  1. A beautiful, colorful post. I enjoy your art!

    VastaaPoista
  2. such beautiful work, your journal is amazing!

    VastaaPoista
  3. Niina, I love all the colorful work you've created. The hot pink hair on the mermaid is fabulous! I'd love to see more of your mermaid art journal!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Oh, my dear--I love the way you see the world. Just beautiful. Your work fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Beth :) I'm happy you enjoy my artworks.

      Poista
  5. This is a wonderful post. From sea to land. Beautiful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    VastaaPoista
  6. I like your mermaids and fairy paintings! And the photos from your garden as well!
    Happy PPF
    Ilona

    VastaaPoista
  7. I like the colors of the bubbles, I suppose they do look like balloons.

    visiting from creative tuesday. hope you have a great day.

    VastaaPoista
  8. Lovely post and interesting take on Creative Tuesday!

    VastaaPoista
  9. Balloons are like bubbles, so they would glisten like yours over the sea. I love the Jacques Cousteau quote. Love the cover on your journal as well.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Linda :) I always get very creative around sea (and mermaids) :)

      Poista
  10. Bubbles, Balloons, all bring a happy smile. Especially when flying in "RED".

    VastaaPoista
  11. What a novel idea for this theme, FairyChamber--lively and colourful! thanks for playing along and for the write up too. Always love to read that.

    VastaaPoista