lauantai 14. kesäkuuta 2014

Featured artist of June: Renee Lavoie


Please introduce yourself. Who you are and what kind of artist you are?

I am a self-taught artist currently working out of home studio in Killingworth, CT. Happily marriend and I have 13 year old son and two fur kids.

I have always been artistic since as far back as I can remember I've had a pencil in my hand. I have always loved fantasy art. It was a safe place for me to temporarily escape the real world and create anything without rules or restrictions.

"Eira" (c) Renee Lavoie

How did you started your artistc career/hobby? What are your artistic dreams?

I first started my career painting furniture and it was fun but not what I truly wanted to do. So I began drawing and painting fairies. Looking back on my creations I can't believe how far I've come but still far from where I want to be. I am absolutely my own worst critic.

"Frustration" (c) Renee Lavoie

"Shona Fae" (c) Niina Niskanen

What are things that inspire you to create? Do you have message in your art?

I am inspired by life experiences and people that have come into my life some of which have departed this world way too soon. I have vivid colorful dreams that often inspire my work and music. When I listen to music it floods my mind with so many ideas.
 I have panic and anxiety so I notice when I'm feeling trapped or anxious I tend to paint webs in my work
or eyes that drip color.

"Touched by the sun" (c) Renee Lavoie

Any advice and tips for starting artists?

My advice to starting artists would be to stay true to your style, don't compare yourself to other artists, and don't give up on your dreams!

Thank you Renee for this great interview and sharing your gorgeous paintings.
You can find Renee's artworks on these on-line shops and galleries:



If you enjoyed reading this interview be shore to check these past interviews:




......................................

I've been a guest blogger in a great animal blog Pawsitively Pets. is now published on the blog. I tell my experiences on that how animals can give great artistic inspiration and creative boost to your life.
You can read it here :)


Special thanks for the blog owner Ann :) She has lot's of good tips to all those who have furry friends.

Much love and light
Niina

   

2 kommenttia:

  1. Wonderful introduction to this artist. I love the fantasy art and she does a beautiful job.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    VastaaPoista
  2. The faces are beautiful, their sirens are nice. Saludos

    VastaaPoista