perjantai 16. toukokuuta 2014

Cats cats and more cats


Hello blogging friends and all the readers!

Finally I got this larger painting finished.
Just in time for this week's inspiration avenue. This week's theme is "creativity and cats"
I also link to paint party friday.

This painting is titled" Le Chat Pourpre" (meaning purple cat.. french readers you can correct me if I write it wrong :)

Name of course comes from famous french "Le Chat Noir" cabaret - poster.

Original is listed on etsy.

Acrylics on canvas


I couldn't imagine my life without cats. 


I have propably posted this one here before. It's my girl Pumpuli who passed away last year.

I've always thought this picture is quite funny. I call it "finnish design".


Here is our handsome Noki boy. 13 years old with one single gray hair.


This beauty is my friend's cat. 

She is called Elena. 

Siamese are very social (or at least this one is :)

Here are some nice cat quotes I've found :

"Time spent with cats is never wasted" - Sigmund Freud

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." - Sir Walter Scott

"As every cat owner knows nobody owns a cat" - Ellen Perry Berkeley

"I've met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior". - Hippolyte Taine


Thank you for visiting

Time for featured artist of the month next week so stay tuned 

Love and light
Niina


6 kommenttia:

  1. fab colourful painting Niina. Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    VastaaPoista
  2. Really cute cat painting.
    Have a nice Sunday
    Nicole/Beadwright

    VastaaPoista
  3. Niina, I love the vivid colors in your painting! It's very whimsical. Your cat photos are beautiful and the quotes are fantastic! Thanks for participating!

    VastaaPoista