sunnuntai 30. maaliskuuta 2014

King under the mountain and spring winds from Avalon


Hello Blogging Friends!

This week illustration friday theme is "sizzle". I thought that my obsession to illustrate some Hobbit and LOTR art woud fit the theme.

Let's start with Smaug.

This is A4 size (8 x11)
watercolor paper
Painted with watercolors, acrylics and lot's of golden glitter.

Click image to see it bigger.

Detail of the eye.


I read "the Hobbit" first time when I was 16. I've always loved it. It has pretty much everything; adventure, dangers, fierce Warriors, unlikely hero and of course mighty dragon with piles of gold to guard.

So far I've enjoyed the movies also (even though those spiders were disquisting).

Here is another one that sizzles:

"Morgiana"



Inspired By the legends of mystical island of Avalon.
Arthurian tales from Merlin, Nimue and the knights are very intriquiding.

Model of Morgiana is my artist friend Janna http://kuoma.deviantart.com/
See her beautiful gallery also.

Morgiana is one of the magical priestess of the holy island.

I submit these to paint party friday.

Love and light
and
Fairydust
Niina



5 kommenttia:

  1. Lotr and The Hobbit are such wonderful inspirations for art, you've done some very beautiful work.I like your friend's art as well, very pretty model.

    Annabelle : )

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Annebelle :) Middle-Earth is very inspiring Place.

      Poista
  2. wow,love your painting,so beautiful.

    jeannette

    VastaaPoista
  3. What a fascinating inspiration for your lovely art. I like seeing it today.
    ~~ irene #54

    VastaaPoista