tiistai 25. maaliskuuta 2014

IA challenge: Buttons

Good Morning blogging friends!

It's Inspiration Avenue time again. It was my turn to host and theme this week is tadaaa.. buttons!.

Who wouldn't love buttons? when I was a child I always played with my mom's buttons. My mom was (and is) very good sewer so she had pretty boxes with lot's of buttons.



This is my newest artwork. It's called "Bookworm".

Mixed Media piece. Materials used: watercolor paper, felt-tipped pen, cardboard, stamps, acrylics, scrapbook paper, fabrics and buttons. Those books surrounding her are actual handcrafted miniature books (scale 1:12).



This was a fun projects. I hope someday I get to do childrenbooks illustrated with mixed media art.

I also submit this piece to Illustration Friday.

Thank you for visiting and the comments.
I'll do my best to visit your blogs too:)

Love and light
Niina



9 kommenttia:

  1. What a fun challenge Niina I love buttons too, my favorite are vintage metal buttons like I used in my collage. Your picture is adorable I like your hands on artwork it is wonderful.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Deann. Your collage is awesome! I love buttons. They are very inspiring :)

      Poista
  2. Yes, I too played with my mum's button box, such fun. And I love your fun picture and the way you have used the buttons. I must get my button box out today, II'm late for the challenge.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Jez :) It's so funny how the smallest things can give you a huge inspiration.

      Poista
  3. Niina, that was a great idea for a challenge this week! I have always loved buttons and your mixed media image is really great. I love your miniature books!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Lou Anne. This was such a fun Project!

      Poista
  4. Thank you for this challenge! I love buttons too and I love your artwork!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Such a beautiful composition with buttons and childhood memories.

    VastaaPoista