keskiviikko 26. helmikuuta 2014

Spring and art journals


Hello blogging world!

I took a walk in the near-by forrest yesterday.

I was a bit suprised. Almost all the snow is gone.



Very unusual finnish weather. It should be cold and snowing in february.


This only means that it wont take much longer and I get to take my easel outside and paint.

Here are some pictures of my latest projects that I link to paint party friday.


As I've told in my previous posts I love writing real letters.
Im very fortuned to have great penpals.

Selina is one of my penpals and we've been writing ever since 2006.
And no we haven't never met but hopefully we shall meet someday.


I really needed to clean all my letters. So I binded this book for Selina's letters (2006 - 2009).
I still have letters from 2009 - 2013 so I need to make another book also.



I really like the way it turned out. You can't really see the biding on the pictures. I used old beads and YouTube videos of Jenniebellie to help and keep me inspired.


This week inspiration -avenue challenge is "changes". I've been going trough some major changes in my life lately (read previous posts).

This year I want to try new techniques and push myself to outside my comfort zone.
Improving my knowledge and skills on art is my challenge.

This "Mermaid journal" is my latest book binding projects.
Each page I'll try to do with a new paper pattern technique.


These are the first two pages. The one with bubbles is self-made stamp. It's actually bottom of yoghurt-cup and I used acrylic paint for stamping.


Basic acrylics and ink.


Acrylics, watercolors and stamped with wrapped tissuepaper. This one is still unfinished.
But will be finnished soon.

There are now about 170 fans on fb-artpage. When I reach 200 I shall keep a giveaway so if you have a Facebook account be shore to visit and like and if you have an artpage give me a link and I'll like it back.


Much love and light
Niina



8 kommenttia:

  1. Love your gorgeous cover Niina, a book to be treasured.Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    VastaaPoista
  2. what a really beautiful book to hold those handwritten letters. Nice to know some people still write letters :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Such a lovely idea - after my mom had her stroke a couple of years ago I went through all her things because we had to sell her house. I found letters from her French penpal from the 1940's. I am not sure what I will do with them - I know I want to preserve them - maybe in a book, maybe in some special art. I love the mermaid - all your books are lovely

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Wow letters from 1940's that sounds so lovely.. messages from the past. Yes you shoud definitely preserve them :)

      Poista
  4. Your work is fanciful! Love the photos, too! Happy PPF:)

    VastaaPoista
  5. This is a really beautfiul book Nina. Good for you for writing "real" letters.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    VastaaPoista
  6. Love the idea of making the letters pages of the book. What a ingenious way to keep these treasured letters safe and bound to later recall back memories by just picking up the book and flipping through the years. Love it very much and thanks for sharing.

    Annabelle: )

    VastaaPoista
  7. Niina, I love love love the mermaid journal. I'm glad you jumped in for the challenge this week!

    VastaaPoista