perjantai 24. tammikuuta 2014

Crafting Tutorial: How to make envelopes


Hello blogging friends!

I tought it was about time to make a tutorial.

Having penpals is one of my dearest hobbies. I love writing and receiving letters. As a crafty person I of course make my own envelopes.

Here is very simple tutorial on how to make Basic envelopes with few simple items.

I hope you find it useful.

Here we go:


Step.1 materials


For this tutorial I've used:

siccors
Paper glue
ruler
pencils
A4 sized (8 x 10 in) paper
+
1 Basic postcard (size A6 = 10 x 14 cm)




Step 2.


Draw two  similar areas by following the lines of the postcard.

Step.3




Draw "wings" by using the ruler.


This is how it should look.

Step 5.


Cut the "extra area".

Step 6.


Bend all the edges inside to the outer part
and glue the sidewings together


Vóila ! You're envelope is done!




For the turorial I used Basic white printing paper but I suggest you to do some  paper recycling.

Above you can see envelope that I started to make from a front page of a finish camera magazine I found from  library left-overs.


With this instructions you can do many sizes just by using a different sized postcard and different sized paper.

These two above are also handmade. Other one is a cover of Disney-princess magazine I re-used and other one is done from broken poster of the lord of the rings- movie :)


To the backside you can glue white pieces of piper to write sender and receiver names.

I hope this was helpful for you

Please send me photos with your results Im happy to see them

Niina






6 kommenttia:

  1. Niina - you are a LOVELY person! Thank you for ALL your support and lovely comments - you know I love your art - I do adore that little mouse with his little backpack! ADORABLE! Stay fabulous - hugs from Shroo:)xxx

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Rachael :) Im glad to have a great blogging friends like you!

      Poista
  2. This is an awesome post! I really needed to know how to make envelopes for various sized projects. Thank you so much sweetie. Big hugs to you, Mina

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. You're welcome Mina. I hope it's helpful for you!

      Poista
  3. Cool and easy tutorial!! Love it! :)

    VastaaPoista