perjantai 15. marraskuuta 2013

Mandalas


Good Morning world!

I realized I haven't shown my mandala's here in my "english blog".
So now you get to see them.

Above is my sun mandala and I hope it makes you smile. At least here in Finland we now live the darkest time of the year sun is very much needed.

This one I call "flower power mandala".

Mandala- word comes from sanskrit-language and it means "circle, universe or center". People have made mandalas trought centuries and longer than that. Most famous mandalas you can find in the hindu and buddhist- tempels also the circle window of the cathlolic churches have the mandala base.



This one is my "stamp mandala" which can be found on my artjournal. I used some old stamps I found on my stash.


(click the image to make it larger)

Last but not least my "rune mandala" inspired by the viking mythology. Wolf is for north, squirrel for the east, cow for the south and wild hog for the west.

I submit these mandalas to paint party friday

http://www.paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com

Love and light
Niina




7 kommenttia:

  1. It's so interesting, seeing the different styles of your mandalas. The first is so controlled and calm, while "flower power" just shouts with exuberence. Love them!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Thank you Jane. Mandalas are very intersting. They depend on the mood and moment. Im glad you like my works. -Niina

    VastaaPoista
  3. Mandalat on jotenkin meditatiivisia… tykkään tosi paljon riimumandalastasi, hieno idea, kauniisti toteutettu!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Your mandalas are so intriguing and beautiful! I especially love the Sun mandala, and the animal one too. So interesting about different animals being associated with the four directions.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you from the comment Maggie. Animal mandala is based on skandinavian (especially norvegian and icelandic) myths where the animals were accociated with different gods and the four directions. For example wolf was animal of Odin and presents the north, desert and coldness.

      Poista
  5. Pretty mandalas..love the first one in all it's rich color!!

    Hugs Giggles

    VastaaPoista
  6. wonderful mandalas-I especially love that burst of sunshine and color!!

    VastaaPoista