perjantai 1. marraskuuta 2013

Illustration friday: Secret


Here is my latest painting. It's called "Mielikki's winterdream". Mielikki is an ancient finnish goddess of nature and animals. Her husband is Tapio who is the forest king and the master of bears. Since Im always being found of mythology I decided to add some finish myths to my this years winter paintings.

Here Mielikki is sleeping with a bear, fox and a rabbit. Only one who is awake is a magpie. I still work with the goddess'es face and the outfit so this piece isn't finished yet. But I believe it's going to look gorgeous.

I submit this to illustration friday (theme is secret). Goddesses are so mysterious so I think it's fitting.
I submit these also to paint party friday.


And some of my aceo:s. Here is "Juniper". Little treespirit or dryad. She is on sale at etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/167733410/juniper-tree-spirit-fantasy-aceo?ref=listing-shop-header-0


And waves crashing to the cliff. Also on sale here:


I hope everyone had a great halloween and now we start to look forward to christmas

Love and light
Niina



6 kommenttia:

  1. such wonderful projects-I LOVE your first one of the Finnish goddess and the forest animals!!!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you so much Linda. It was fun to paint all those animals and the goddess.

      Poista
  2. Serene and pretty!!

    Hugs Giggles

    VastaaPoista
  3. So beautiful - I love Juniper so cute! x

    VastaaPoista