torstai 7. marraskuuta 2013

Grandma's attic and future galaxies


Good morning blog world!

This time inspiration avenue- theme is "grandma's attic". Well.. at least in my family both my grandmas love handcrafs and embroydryworks.

Maybe it's a heritage. Lady above is actually made by me (I think I was 15 or something).



These kitties are made by my grandma. Aren't they cute.


This one is also made by me (I  think I was 16 I can't remember) many years ago. This is one of my favorite. I love the beautiful and serene landscape.



On 3rd of november I finished this piece with  watercolors. Inspired by greek myth of the stars of Andromeda.


Space theme continued on the 4th day. I finished this piece called "Star horizon". Do you believe there are pirates in the future robbing galaxies? As you can see imagination is running free. I wonder what planet she is looking at?

I also submit these two to Paint party friday.



Much love and light to all and thank you for visiting
Niina




10 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful work, love the delicate colours. Valerie

    VastaaPoista
  2. Wonderful paintings and I love the embroidery. :) My mom is good at it and I tried it when I was young but I don't have the patience for it anymore. :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thank you Natasha. I find embroydery very relaxing but I admit it can be very difficult to learn.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Suloisia vesivärimaalauksia ja ristipistotöitä (jos on oikea termi? :), aivan ihania!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Lovely paintings Niina and how wonderful to have your grandmother's beautifully stitched piece!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Beautiful work. You have such a creative imagination!

    VastaaPoista
  7. What a wonderful idea to show your needlework and that of your grandmother's. I love the landscape you made and her kitties are fabulous!

    VastaaPoista