torstai 17. lokakuuta 2013

Pumpkin time!



Autumn is passing by and winter is arriving. We had our first snow yesterday in northern Finland.
I carved some pumpkins who already got snow covered in the garden.


So beautiful. So silent.


There is something magical in the first snow. Don't you think.


Flowercat got some snow to the mossy fur.



My newest Halloween painting. I decided to call it "double, double, toil and trouble"

(click images to make them larger)

This one is few years back but still one of my personal favorites. It's called "biggest pumpkin is mine". Halloween dragon and black cat on the pumpkin fields.

Both paintings created with watercolors.




Autumn Blessings
Niina






8 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Nina, it is so strange to see you standing in your first snow when we are having heat waves in Australia! I love your wonderful post & artwork... and of course anyone who likes Harry Potter has to be awesome :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you from the kind comment. Yes it must be hot in Australia! Here earth is white and still. Fellow Harry Potter-fan I salute you!

      Poista
  2. Onpa hienoja kurpitsoita ja hieno kuva ensilumisateesta! Upeita Halloween-maalauksia, etenkin kurpitsaa vahtiva lohikäärme on tosi hieno! :)

    VastaaPoista
  3. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.
    I have been scrolling down looking at your artwork it is lovely and remind me of those beautiful vintage fairy tale illustrations.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Hi Nina, thanks so much for your comment on my blog and the interest in the "spooky book". No, it wasn't an original Edgar Allan Poe book. Your right, it was a leftover of our library. But I was searching the net for something approbriate to alter it.
    But now that I am here, I was looking around a bit. So strange to simply hop over from Germany to Finland... Your illustrations are very elaborate and exquisite! You can draw, something I cannot, unfortunately... I love your fairies!
    Greets, Manu

    VastaaPoista
  5. Oh there is something magical about the first snow...I love it!! Adorable paintings too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    VastaaPoista
  6. I enjoyed the photos!!! And I did some pumpkins too!!!
    Fun to see your art!!!

    VastaaPoista
  7. I love both your Halloween pictures they are so whimsical and wonderful! Your pumpkins are supercute too. happy PPF

    VastaaPoista