torstai 19. syyskuuta 2013

Travels and sadness


Pumpuli 1999 - 2013

My dearest girl Pumpuli passed away some days ago. All my family has been in grief. She was 14 years old always very social and extremely beautiful cat. It's difficult to get used to the fact that she is gone she was such a long time with us. She'll always have a special place in my heart and Im glad I had her in my life.


I spent past two weeks in sunny Croatia. Beautiful village of Kuterevo and bear refuge. Up in the mountains. I've never seen so many stars before at nights.


Here you can read more about the Kuterevo Refuge and the bear situation in Europe.

Some paintings I did during my journey (not  nearly all)


Garden/woodlands


Night fire


Village


Refuge

I had my little palet of watercolors with me. Trip was great and I met some amazing people and during whole journey I think I spoke at least seven different languages (eight if you count finnish).


Love and light

Niina

12 kommenttia:

  1. Sorry Your beautiful cat. I have had a cat, too, I know how lounly and sad You are.
    Luckyly You are with all doing and painting, so it is easier to go on.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Hello, I send you hugs and comfort, so sad to hear about your beautiful cat!
    I love your blog, such beautiful art and creations...very inspiring!
    Lovely to meet you!
    Victoria

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Victoria. Im glad you found your way here. Pictures and photos in your blog are amazing! have a blessed autumn. -Niina

      Poista
  3. Niina, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful Pumpuli. I know you gave her a wonderful life, and she enriched yours and your family's. It's sad that animals are with us for such a comparatively short time. My sweet cat is 13 years old, and I can see her slowing down into old age...

    Your trip sounds fabulous, I'm glad you had a great time! I love the beautiful watercolors you did, and they are perfect for the IA woodland challenge :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you from your sweet words Maggie. Pumpuli was such a character. She was very social sometimes she might follow me 24/7. I have another cat Noki and now I spent lot's of time playing with him. Noki is also 13 years old. Cats are very precious creatures.

      Poista
  4. Sorry for your loss. Our cats become part of our families & we love them dearly; I feel for you.
    Your trip sounds fascinating & the pictures you've painted are beautiful and dreamy. Those trees are a great entry for this week's IA. Nice to visit your blog :-)

    Kat

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you from your comment Kat and Im glad you enjoy your stay at my blog. I did had a nice trip bit bittersweet but life is like that sometimes.

      Poista
  5. i hate watercolors because they never behave for me, but I love the simplicity in yours! so sorry for your loss. my cat Willow passed away in 2010, she was 16 years old and looked just like your sweet Pumpuli. look up rainbow bridge, a poem about animal loss and a sort of animal heaven.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you for your comment. I love watercolors and Im not so good with other mediums. That poem sounds beautiful I have to read it. I've painted angelcats lately. Thank you for commenting. Niina

      Poista
  6. Niina,
    Your watercolors are beautiful! I am so sad to hear about the loss of Pumpuli. It's always so difficult to lose a beloved member of the family.

    VastaaPoista