maanantai 29. heinäkuuta 2013

Creative tuesday: forest



This time creative tuesday theme is forest. I tought to make some mixed media art once again. Here I used one of my old prints from my artwork called "Sorella" (she is a mermaid) and then I just cutted forrest themed leaves and lot's of green color. Im not completely happy with it yet so I might continue the page in the future.


Artwork can be found on my new mixed media artbook I made for myself. I went trought my very old drawings and paintings and I decided to make a booklet for them. Here I can always find them now.


Here is the spread with the forrest mermaid. Picture next to it si called "fires at midnight". My fist try with acrylics long ago.. so long ago I didn't know that acrylics aren't very good with thin paper :)


Some of my human studies can be found also.


And very old fan-art. These are inspired by Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings :)

I've finished two more to my fairy alphabet-serier with these I participate to the Paint Party Friday (for the first time yeii!)


D is for Dalia


E is for Elaine

Thank you for visiting!
Niina





9 kommenttia:

  1. smashing fairy tale creatures, good to see you at Paint Party Friday, Annette x

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you Netty. Im happy to take part on ppf.

      Poista
  2. Don't know how I did it...but just lost the comment I made. So I'll try again. I had to chuckle at a Mermaid in the forest. Clever use of your painting. Keeping your artwork in a booklet is a good idea. I have a plastic bin with drawers I have inventoried my smaller work, and a large canvas portfolio for my larger ones. Art is always a treasure, for you and those who will see it in years to come.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you from the sweet comment Wanda. I think I have to make another booklet also since I have some more older artworks also. Yes art should always be treasured and keep safe.

      Poista
  3. Visiting from Creative Tuesdays - Your fairy in the forest page is very sweet. I really like the leves you created. I hope to see it as a completed page one day. The other pictures are very good and I like the idea of putting them in a book :D

    VastaaPoista
  4. Ihana metsänhenki! Suloinen kesäinen tunnelma! <3

    VastaaPoista
  5. Super idea to reuse existing artwork. This mixed media piece has turned out so well. Love your artwork book as well.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Niina, it's always fun to see mixed media like here--something I don;t dare try...yet! nice job. Does this included poster paints? Good luck with that booklet too. I should do that! :)

    VastaaPoista