tiistai 8. tammikuuta 2013

Creative Tuesday Birthday theme and spring awakening



Good morning all!

I hope your christmas and new year went well. Im feeling myself bit sick. I think Im getting a flu.. not fun at all.

I took part on "creative tuesday" again. I just bought a new sketch book and searched my lovely
color pencils. So for a change I didn't use watercolor. Theme was "birthday something".

My "birthday somethings" are cupcakes.


Photo came out bit too bright. Colors aren't really that "red".

Here is link to creativetuesdays

Weird things happen on new year. Firsth of january we had very strange weather. Snow started to melt and water was dropping everyweher. That is strange since usually in Finland january is the coldest month. It felt very much like spring and I wanted to paint something springy.

And I painted "Spring awakening"


Nature goddess wakes the sleeping earth. Of course nothing wont last. After next day. It started snowing again and cold winds started again. So I have to wait 'till april for the next "april shower".
But I really like the painting I came up with.
I used watercolors and acrylics with the leaves.
(c) Niina Niskanen 2013

I made my very first youtube video!
It's all about my fairies. Please take a look.

I added my favorite fairypainting and music is from my favorite band of minstrels Blackmore's Night!

Thank you for visiting please come back soon!

Fairywishes
Niina








6 kommenttia:

  1. Sweet Niina, you did a beautiful job on your art as well as your video! I sincerely hope you are feeling better soon and do not catch the flu. That is awful. Take care of yourself. Warmest hugs, Mina

    VastaaPoista
  2. Really like the Birthday Cupcakes, very creative there. And how cool is the nature Goddess. Thanks

    VastaaPoista
  3. I love your cheery cupcakes for Creative Tuesdays! Your spring painting is also very refreshing!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Such yummy looking cupcakes and such a lovely composition with the bright colours. Your spring awakening is also gorgeous.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Niina, what a lovely post. I would love to eat one of your cheery cupcakes. A lot of thought and art went into this one. Aren't new sketch pads fun.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Niina, a lovely post indeed and of course I love your cupcakes! Great minds think alike. TY so much for joining us again. Very fun indeed.

    VastaaPoista